*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A PREORDER AND READ THE INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE ORDERING
A lovely limited edition advent calendar for fibre art lovers. Let your creativity run wild while nurturing the Planet at the same time. A very unique treat to yourself or a loved one, a special surprise bringing together Earth loving practices, plant energy and the excitement of unwrapping something new every day.
Important info / what will you get:
· 24 mini skeins of 4ply regeneratively farmed British wool (20 – 25 g each, slightly varying as they are hand wound), approx 90m/skein, wrapped individually for you to open one each day (about 600g of fibre in total).
· Each skein will be naturally dyed, with a focus on British grown plants, or, where that isn’t possible, organic certified dye stuff.
· There will be a full palette, lots of colour combinations possible and the possibility for you to run wild with creativity, as well as some variegated shades.
· The images are examples of what you can expect, however the full calendar palette will not be disclosed. I find that the heart of an advent calendar is the element of surprise, so spoiling it defies the purpose.
· This is a pre-order and will close on the 1st of June as it will take months to make, also it allows me to work seasonally with plants, out of which most will be homegrown, or locally foraged.
· The calendars will be sent out beginning/mid November.
More info on my wool supplier and work process:
The wool comes from a regenerative farm in Sommerset. I only work with one supplier for my naturally dyed yarn. They are Regenerative, GM free, Grass fed (no grains), High Welfare certified as well as EOV (Ecological Outcome Verification) verified. In a nutshell, this means that instead of depleting the soil, they improve it!
It has been hand dyed in my kitchen in very small batches. All the dye baths are non-toxic, environmentally friendly and the water is used in the garden when the colour is exhausted. Any remaining plant material goes in our compost and back into the soil.
Natural dyes go beautifully together. Please note that natural dyes look different depending on the light (photos taken outdoors at noon). Also please note that even though I did my best to take an accurate photo of the colour, it can differ from screen to screen.
Hand washing and drying flat is recommended.
Natural dyes are PH sensitive, therefore they must be washed with PH neutral soap (I use Ecover Delicate of which I have tested the PH myself).
The yarn has been rinsed and washed without any residual pigment coming out, but this can happen in some cases.