*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A PREORDER AND READ THE INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE ORDERING
A lovely limited edition advent calendar for fibre art lovers. Let your creativity run wild while nurturing the Planet at the same time. A very unique treat to yourself or a loved one, a special surprise bringing together Earth loving practices, plant energy and the excitement of unwrapping something new every day.
Indigo is an extremely special, extremely precious dye and I am honoured to create an advent calendar in its honour.
Important info / what will you get:
· 24 mini skeins of 4ply regeneratively farmed British wool (20 – 25 g each, slightly varying as they are hand wound), approx 90m/skein, wrapped individually for you to open one each day (around 600g of fibre in total).
· This is an indigo themed advent calendar which means that every skein will be either an indigo dyed shade of blue or an indigo overdye on either yellow, pink or red to create greens, teals, violets and purples. There will also be a few variegated yarns.
· Each skein will be naturally dyed with either British grown Persicaria tinctoria or organic certified Indigofera pigment. All the compound colours will be an overdye on either homegrown or locally foraged plants.
· I use fermentation vats and fructose/fruit vats. I do NOT and will never use toxic chemicals such as Hydrox or Thiox in my vats.
· The images are examples of what you can expect, however the pallet will be much wider. These are just the shades I have in stock atm. As you can see I am able to make light to dark, almost navy shades of blue. The final palette will not be disclosed as I find that the heart of an advent calendar is the element of surprise, so spoiling it defies the purpose.
· This is a pre-order and will close on the 1st of June as it will take months to make, also it allows me to work seasonally with plants.
· The calendars will be sent out beginning/mid November.
More info on my wool supplier and work process:
The wool comes from a regenerative farm in Sommerset. I only work with one supplier for my naturally dyed yarn. They are Regenerative, GM free, Grass fed (no grains), High Welfare certified as well as EOV (Ecological Outcome Verification) verified. In a nutshell, this means that instead of depleting the soil, they improve it!
It has been hand dyed in my kitchen in very small batches. All the dye baths are non-toxic, environmentally friendly and the water is used in the garden when the colour is exhausted. Any remaining plant material goes in our compost and back into the soil.
Hand washing and drying flat is recommended.
Natural dyes are PH sensitive, therefore they must be washed with PH neutral soap (I use Ecover Delicate of which I have tested the PH myself).
The yarn has been rinsed and washed without any residual pigment coming out, but this can happen in some cases.